Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Evils of Girl Scout Cookies

Yes, it is that time of year again, when those little monsters disguised as the cutest little girls you've ever seen show up in front of stores or knocking at your door. Or even worse, when a co-worker brings the little devil, dressed up in her uniform, to the office to go cube to cube pushing her sugar laden poison! Who can resist? I am helpless against them. I need my fix! I think it would be a lot easier to control myself if I could only get 1 or 2 of certain things like Girl Scout cookies (or french fries) but you have to buy the whole box. It is very difficult to just eat a few when they are staring at you and calling your name.

So, what will my strategy be? The number one thing would be not buy them, but we know that won’t happen because I am a sucker for those little cuties...and the cookies too. They could be selling dog crap and I would probably buy it! So the solution is to smarten up:

-I will only buy 1 box of Thin Mints and that is it. I’m sure the GS organization will not face financial ruin because I didn't order 3 or 4 boxes.
-I will eat no more than 4 cookies in one day. 4 Thin Mints = 160 calories, not a bad deal!
-I will keep the cookie box out of sight to hopefully keep it out of mind.

I wish you all luck against the evil cookies pushers.

Tonight was my weigh in. I belong to T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and we meet on Thursday evenings to offer support and education. It is helpful to know that other people have the same issues. I gained 1 pound which I expected because I have spent the last few weeks eating with utter abandon paying no attention to the calories I was consuming. I was actually amazed it was only 1 pound! I have been paying attention the last few days so I am looking forward to a good week.

Tonight we talked about stress and what to do to alleviate it without food, of course. Stretching, massage, soothing baths and meditation to name a few. I think the best stress reliever for me is a good book and a nice, hot cup of tea.


My week on a scale of 1-10:

*Tracking 3 –I could say 10 because I logged everything I ate since I decided to get my self in gear, but I want to keep track from Thursday to Thursday so I am only getting a 3.
*Exercise 1 I need to step that up! I'm only giving myself a 1 because I have to walk up and down stairs at work, but in reality, it should be a 0.
*Eating 3 again, same reasons as Tracking
*gained 1 pound

***update on the Thin Mints-I bought 1 box, ate 1 cookie and they are all gone!
Yeah, I won't have to look at them again. But I will have to look at the
peanut butter cookies my daughter made while I was gone! Time to get the
kettle on and open my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Lately, I am all about trouble! Trouble tracking my blood sugar, trouble tracking my food, trouble getting myself off the couch and exercisi...